Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The cake baker is freaking out...


This is the first of a series of four posts to be made in the next 24 hours. Four, you say?? Yepper. Four. It's like a dysfunctional factory in this place today. Why dysfunctional? Because my moronic oven (which up 'til now has been a lovely piece of equipment) decided to burn 2 cakes last night. But only on the bottom. The tops were beautiful, perfect cake specimens. And then I flipped them out on boards to decorate them. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! What in the name of cat hair happened to my cakes?????????? Shoot a monkey, now I have to dash off to the store (in the pouring rain) to buy more eggs, etc. I only have what seems like 80 billion hours worth of cake work to do tonight. Sure...I'd love to redo things. Seriously.


At this point, replacement cakes have been baked. One of them has already been decorated and has left the house. Mom needed a cake for a teacher at her school who will be celebrating (?) her 30th birthday tomorrow. I'm sure you can guess from the picture that she is a math teacher. Not my favorite cake ever...I'm sure it would have been better had I not been in overdrive mode, flinging batter and icing around the kitchen. Who is going to clean this mess up, anyway?? Any volunteers??


Stay tuned for more of the madness...

2 comments:

AM said...

What's up with your oven?? That's crazy. I love your expressions.

When I was pregnant with the kids, I was obsessed with cleaning. OBSESSED. Maybe Kim will get that way and then volunteer to clean your kitchen for you! lol.

Stephanie said...

I have no idea! It was just testing my strength, I guess. Because it worked just fine today. Silly oven!