Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Beast



My brain has just imploded. No really, I think it did. I honestly cannot describe how I am feeling right now. Extremely exhausted, in a slight panic because there are still 2 naked cakes sitting in my kitchen, yet oddly satisfied, because I think I might have done a good job. I'm almost sure I did a good job.... I'll let you decide. Here's the cake story:


This cake is for a friend of a friend. Hopefully, after this cake, she will be my friend too! Actually it's for her teenage daughter who is a big fan of art. Anyway, I'm out with my friend last Thursday and she asks me if I think I could make a cake for her friend's daughter. Sure, no problem....She speaks to the mother who has this idea for the cake. It seems they are buying their daughter a piece of art for her room and would it be possible to recreate the painting on the cake? "Um...okie dokie," says the decorator with no further information. It just a piece of abstract art with a couple of clocks on it. Ok...clocks are easy. Circles, some numbers...big hand, little hand. First grade stuff, thinks the decorator. Silly decorator. Skip to Saturday...I see my friend again. "Are you familiar with Salvador Dali?" she asks. Yep, nice to see you too. What? Decorator immediately starts thinking there could be trouble....


So here I am, after 4.5 hours of serious cake labor, posting the proof of all my hard work before somebody eats it. I am also including in this post a picture of the picture that I used for reference. Make your own judgments. If they're harsh, please don't share them. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely AWESOME!

Stephanie said...

Thanks! =)