Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Carrigan!!!




I LOVE Carrigan! Love her, love her, love her. Carrigan is our pastor's daughter and I have adopted her as an extra niece. It is this great love that I have for her that led me to spend oh so many hours standing in my kitchen this weekend. Carrigan's mom, Amanda, is super cool and fun. She simply asked for a Minnie Mouse cake.
The cake maker was not interested in making a simple Minnie Mouse cake. =)

For those of you who are interested, Minnie Mouse is made out of Rice Krispie treats, covered in fondant, and deorated with royal icing. The rest is just regular cake with regular buttercream icing.

1 comment:

AM said...

WOW! Stephanie out all the cakes I have seen of yours, THIS is my favorite (and I did love that elephant a lot). This is SO GOOD. Great idea with the rice crispy treats. It looks awesome and I bet they were blown away!!!!

SO professional looking. Well, you are a professional, so that's good then! lol.